Land Rover – Taming the Tide
- Create a piece of launch content for new Range Rover Sport PHEV
- Demonstrate no loss in traditional all-terrain capability as a result of its plug-in hybrid electric powertrain
- Customer-base was identified as being inclined towards challenging themselves – both in their job and their hobbies
- Obsessed with measurement to ensure they achieved their goals.
- Also leaned towards physical hobbies such as swimming & running
- Partnered with former-Olympic swimmer Keri-Anne Payne and fitness influencer Ross Edgley to race a Range Rover Sport (and the tide) from the mainland to Burgh Island as the swimmers tackled 1.5km of open water and the car drove inland before crossing a coastal causeway at high tide.
- A hero video detailed the race, supported by editorial imagery and a press release.
- Both influencers were also engaged for their social reach (combined 600k+ follower base) and supplied with content to post on their channels – including imagery, video and blog posts.
- A press release with a link to the video and curated selection of imagery was sent out to Land Rover markets and distributed to global media.
- The video and imagery was also posted on Land Rover social channels and those of the two talents.