Job Vacancy – Account Executive – Dubai Office
Performance Communications’ Dubai office has a vacancy for an Account Executive. The position is ideal for a current Account Executive seeking to expand their experience in this exciting sector with exposure to global brands, or for a talented, ambitious newcomer to the PR industry with a Communications background.
Applicants should have a strong interest in automotive and/or technology and sport and must be fluent (spoken and written) in English. Fluent Arabic is also preferred but not required. They must be able to demonstrate the required standards of professionalism to be able to work directly with senior management at our international clients.
They will possess strong writing skills, a creative mind and will have the confidence to proactively communicate with the media. They will be versatile team-workers and able to demonstrate exceptional attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be offered a unique chance to develop and enhance their PR skills, working to the highest global standards. The position offers real potential for rapid professional growth and promotion.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following client management activities:
- Direct client servicing, with a wide range of responsibilities, including major projects
- Proactive development of media relationships across the Middle East – become one of the lead media contacts for accounts
- Producing high-quality press releases and media material
- Ability to liaise directly with clients, media and suppliers, both verbally and via email, to the highest professional standards
- Managing client press car fleets (as appropriate)
- Proactively developing creative ideas to benefit the company and its clients
- Creating and maintaining media lists
- Selling in interviews and feature ideas to key media
- Undertaking activities to promote the client via digital media
- Inviting and hosting media at major events
- Client reporting, including coverage reports and contact reports
- As with all client-facing roles, it will involve working flexibly to respond to their requirements
- The position will also provide general support to senior management, as and when required and may involve travel across the Middle East
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Passionate about a career in PR and ideally with experience with either auto or tech clients
- An understanding of the Middle East media landscape is desirable
- Demonstrate the maturity and professionalism required when working directly to senior executives at our international clients
- Excellent communication skills, especially writing. Must have the confidence to proactively contact media and sell in stories
- Possess first-class organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Creative and dynamic, continually seeking to improve his/her own performance and that of the company
- Able to prioritise workloads and manage deadlines, under the guidance of the Account Director and Account Manager
- Tenacious and results-driven, a self-starter focused on promoting the client at any opportunity
- Highly versatile – able to successfully deliver results under frequently challenging conditions
- A genuine and demonstrable interest in at least one of the fields of automotive, technology and sport
- A team player, who is looking to learn as part of a small, professional team
- Good timekeeping is essential, as is a flexible approach to working hours when required
- Courteous and responsive to requests, with a good sense of humour
- Standard computing skills, including Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to travel freely across the GCC, Levant and Europe
- …that ‘spark’ that truly sets you apart from everyone else!
To apply, send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com